Wednesday, November 29, 2006



Wednesday, November 29th 2006 - Bushland

Bushland: The soil in bushland is usally very salty and therefore only specialized plants and animals can survive. Human survival in the bushlands has a whole mythology evolving around it. Probably the best survivor out there are the Aboriginals, who have learnt how to blend in with nature and become a part of it.
Catchment: A region of land where water from rain or snowmelted drained downhills into a body of water, such as river, lake, dam, estuary, wetland, sea, or ocean.

It is not the land of George Bush. No it is not. It was Downfall Creek Bushland Centre Bruce drove us to. It is located in the Raven Street Reserve at McDowall, Downfall Creek Bushland Centre is a resource centre for community action and learning in bushland and catchment care. Bruce's house is located just next to it. I was so surprised because having a house near a government park like this was something impossible in Thailand. Unless you are so rich and, that is not enough, you need to be a big brother. This tells us how Thailand's government is really suck. Anyway, we left the office at 4PM, which is actually quite normal here and I liked it, and headed to Bruce's house. Ten minutes after we changed our cloths we walked across the road and there we were, in the Bushland. They have a learning path like any natural park and you can easily see Australian Brush-turkey. I saw 2 walking around didn't pay any attention to us so I did the same. That's why I didn't have any photos of them :(. I shouldn't have done that. After half an hour, it seemed like Bruse had given up and apologised us he couldn't call any Wallaby to show up so I thought we wouldn't see one. While we were walking back Top saw one Wallaby and he pointed us. There he was, looked straight to us and the funny thing was it seemed to me like he was looking at us as we were strangers. If we kept looking at him, he stand still for us to take photos. Once we finished and about to move on, he also moved on. No sooner had we left the first one, the second one appeared. Bruce saw it this time but it was too far for my little camera so I let it go. Then I thought next time it should be my turn to see first but it never happened. When we left the bushland centre, there was a Laughing Kookaburra on a child's play. It was also stand still waiting me taking photos. When I finished I said dismissed and it went. Funny hurr?. O.K. that's all. The photos above from left to right he is, I guessed, Bearded Dragon, Wallaby, Laughing Kookaburra, and the last beautiful one is called Rainbow Lorikeet.

P.S. Links to wikipedia are useful but I actually found the names of them from Australian Birdlife Photos Library.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home