Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thailand

Traffic problem in Thailand has not been solved up until now. It is even worse than 4 months ago. I remembered that 4 months ago, I could easily find myself in the BTS if I arrived to the station before 8 AM. However, these days, after 4 months, the station I always set off is crowed all the time! One day, I asked a BTS employee who on her duty is to remind us, the passengers, that due to a lot of people using the BTS so please step inside for the others that why it was so crowed these days. She admitted that it was true but she didn't know why.
Not only the number of people in Bangkok I have noticed it is increased but also the number of cars. It is a nightmare. We spend 4 hours round-trip everyday for 50 kilometers commuting from home to work. Bangkok government is busy constructing more that a thousand routes around the city hoping it would cope the problem. Our King once said that having more roads could not solve the traffic problem and I think that is absolutely true. I personally believe that we need a good transportation infrastructure and consciousness of the group rather than individual. Not having only self-confortable but think about the environment, the poorer, the others, etc.
Anyway, I do love my country but loving does not mean I am blind and do not see the problems, our weekness, strengthening. The taxi driver I took back from Suvannabhum Airport to my home told me I would not understand the poor because I were rich. Money has nothing to do with that, I thought.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home