Thursday, September 21, 2006

Sam Sam Dee | Thai + English | Sam Sam Rin
Dinner at the courtyard
Da purposed to do a "pork-wrapped" dish as an appetiser for the dinner we were having with Sam Sam. Sam was going to cook dinner for us and we were doing some appetiser and dessert. Actually by the time we had decided to bring appetiser and dessert for the diner we did not know what to do yet. That night we brought this issue into our conversation to find out what...we are going to do. Before I fell a sleep we came up with "Piggy-faced-bread" and "banana-nun". Piggy-faced-bread is not an official term Thais call this appetiser and actually I neither know should it be categorised under appetiser or dessert. Because we don't have appetiser in our meal time, just go streight ahead to the main course. Not that because we are so straving but it just has not been included in one of our tradition. Banana-nun is also not an official term and I might be sued by the ministry of edecution soon. "Piggy-faced-bread" was perfect except the oil is easily absorbed into the bread. We solved this problem using kitchen-paper. Next, "Banana-nun" was salty because I dropped too much salt. It was not my false at all, look at everything in this country and you will see that they are so big; even the salt-bottle-hole. So, we had spent a half hour to resolve the taste. We were so late, sorry Sam Sam you guys might be straving, it was the salt-bottle-hole false.
Same made a splendid xxx-shepherd and another brilliant brussel-sprout (Sams, if you are reading this post please tell me again what do they call) dishes. I was stuffed and surely the others did. That night was over about...(I don't remember!). Anyway, it was another good evening and I'd like to thank Sam Sam and hope we'll have something like this again!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both the piggy-faced-bread and banana nun were delicious!

What I made was called Shephards pie and the brussel sprouts were just boiled and then fried in a bit of butter. They don't have a name, maybe i should make one up. I'm glad you like it. :o)

5:22 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

Can you make Klowy-tod, taro-tod (fried banana, taro)for me next time?

6:50 PM  
Blogger snirattikulchai said...

I think we, Thais, have same kind of food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Even nowadays I can see children having their breakfast in the car and what they have is something on top of cooked rice. By the way, I heard that your favorite dish made by your mom is "rice in a boiled water with pork-rip"? And P'Da told me that you can finish a pot of it by your own! Ohh man.

P.S. We saw a lady who had 8 or 9 venti of iced cappuccinos at Starbucks yesterday. She scared me...

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home