Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday, November 20th 2006 - South Bank

I woke up at 6:30 on Saturday 18th which was something unusual for me to get up at that time. However, I was always trying to get up the same time everyday but I had never made it. The problem was when I knew that it was a holiday I felt very tire and that gave me a reason to spend another one or two hours lying on my bed. But today I had a place to go, South Bank -- a bank at the south of Brisbane. Walking down form Bowen to Turbot and turn left; walk straight cross Queen to Ann street and keep down until you reach Brisbane City Hall. Turn left at George street and turn right when you see scattered round objects made from metal like the one in the movie "Event Horizon". Crossing the Victoria bridge and keep left you will find a "man-made" BANK, located at the south of Brisbane. It was nice actually. And the funny thing was even those birds (I didn't know much about bird species but they were by the river, I assumed they were those seagulls) were fooled by this man-made beach. They were walking around people lying in the sun. Children were playing in the "lower" side which was at both side of the "deeper" side in the middle. On the walk way occupied by many kinds of shops and restaurants. I wondered if they made this "bank" after they named it or once they did have a "real" bank but asked no one. I spent three hours there walking around and head back. There was nothing much caught my attention so I would rather stop here. But if you ask me if it worth visiting, my answer is "Yes". At least you would see those seagulls and children happiness. Fathers raise their kids up and down. Laughing were all around. It was just a fine place to spend one if you were alone; longer than that you would miss you family.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home